Thursday, July 16, 2009

Leah, you have a phone call!




About a week ago on her actual birthday, before our weekend birthday trip, Leah started imitating me on the phone. I noticed that after I got off the phone, she would hold her hand up to her ear and start babbling in short, abrupt phrases. So this is her latest thing now. She does it in the car after I've gotten off the phone, and all the time at home. When the phone rings, she puts her hand up to her ear. And she uses not only her little toy cellphone, but anything she's carrying or just her hand as a phone. She even understands when I say the word telephone and puts her hand up to her ear and starts babbling. Sometimes, I pretend to make a phone call and then she smiles and starts doing it, too.

These videos are from the day we got back from our trip to Michigan. She was first using a little toy dolphin as a phone, so then we found her toy cell phone and she wandered around with it for quite some time making phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment