At Leah's 12-month doctor visit, we got the green light on switching her from formula to whole milk. Since she has already been eating yogurt, cottage cheese, and cheese, the doctor said I could just switch cold-turkey if I wanted, but it would be a matter of whether or not Leah would accept the taste of milk. Since I still had a can and a half of formula left, I figured I would gradually increase the ratio of milk to formula in her bottles, plus give her sippy cups of milk at meals for her to try it. The good news is that she has been gobbling down her formula with milk in it, and even enjoying straight milk from a sippy cup and a bottle. She seems to love the taste of cold milk and I'm really relieved it's going so well. So far, no ill-effects have been noted in her diapers. The next step will be getting her off the bottle, which I'm supposed to do by the time she's 15 months.
The other thing is that now that she is 12 months old, basically all foods are fair game, except for nuts. She has already been eating mostly table food and finger food anyway, but I've been limiting it to pure, plain foods so far. She has always hated being spoon-fed baby food anyway. By the way, she's getting really good at using a spoon successfully, especially with her right hand. I'll just keep adding something new every other day to check for allergic reactions. For dinner, I brought some Korean food home and she really enjoyed the chapchae glass noodles in particular. That's one of my favorites, too, so it will be fun to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment