Monday, September 7, 2009

Crazy about animals

Like most kids her age, Leah just loves animals, mostly dogs and cats, but she's starting to get really excited about just about all other animals, too. We're always showing her animals in books and on tv. And since I'm a certified pug and cat lover myself, there's always a plentiful supply of pet paraphernalia in our house that she has access to. I'm very happy to pass down my love for animals to her and am hoping to join forces with her to lobby for a new pug someday.

Funny things she's doing nowadays are: Imitating animal sounds. I got her an animal sounds puzzle last week, and she always repeats "maw, maw, maw" after she hears the cat meowing, and she also tries to imitate the dog barking. She thinks the other sounds are pretty cool, too, but doesn't quite know what to do with them yet.

Also, when we're looking through books and magazines and she sees a cute picture of a dog or cat or teddy bear that she likes, she has started leaning over and hugging the picture and going "aaaawwww" and even kissing the picture and going "mwah, mwah"! It's hilarious!

She has also started saying "doggie" instead of just "dog". She's getting very vocal and talkative these days and just goes crazy when she sees animals on tv or in person. She ooo's and aaah's and starts shouting and exclaiming all kinds of jibberish in a really loud voice.

Her babbling is getting much more interesting these days. She says a lot of the same things over and over. I'd really love to know what she's saying. But I have the distinct feeling that once she starts talking, she'll never shut up!

1 comment:

  1. She's growing up too fast!!! Still cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete