Monday, September 7, 2009

Fun with cutlery




Leah has decided lately that she needs to have her own dishes and cups and silverware. Previously, I had been just putting her food on the sectioned tray that comes on the highchair, and I had one plastic suction-bottomed bowl I would give her. But all of the sudden, she decided she not only wanted the contents of my plates, bowls, silverware and glasses, but the very plates, bowls, silverware and glasses themselves. For a day or so, I even let her have them. She loved eating off of a real plate with real silverware and drinking out of a real glass. Don't worry, no dishes or babies were harmed in the process. So after that, I decided to go out and get her some of her own stuff. She loves playing with them, stirring the spoon and fork in the cups, and spends most of her mealtime playing with everything and sorting her food.



No comments:

Post a Comment