Thursday, December 10, 2009

Teddy Bear Hugs

Cute story. Whenever I say the word "Teddy Bear", Leah feels compelled to stop whatever she's doing and give me hugs and kisses, accompanied by the sound effects "Aaaaaww (hug)......mmmah! mmmah! (kiss)". For instance, when we're looking at a book or magazine with a teddy bear in it, or if she spots a teddy bear on TV, or even if there's a teddy bear in a song I'm singing, she has to do this.

This all started with her very first teddy bear, which she received over the summer as a birthday gift from her Aunt Melline who lives in Belgium. Leah hadn't seen one before and didn't really know what it was, so I demonstrated by hugging and kissing it and being really gentle with it. And ever since, she has always done this. It's so cute. Whenever I want a hug, all I have to say are two little words!

Here's a little photo flashback from August when she got that teddy bear...




For Christmas, we just received a package with a cute teddy bear and some hair clips from her foster family, and we can't wait to give it to her! I hope she takes care of him in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment