Saturday, December 19, 2009

An unfortunate First


Well, today, Leah had her first visit to the emergency room. But let me say right in advance that it turned out fine. Earlier in the week, she cut her heel on a little shard of glass from a dropped glass. We took care of it and cleaned it up and thought it was fine, but yesterday, I noticed the area was looking red and feeling hot so I called our pediatrician's office. I was advised to call back today to try to get squeezed into their schedule today.

Fortunately, we have an ER doctor and nurse right in our own family, and after consulting with them this morning, I decided to skip the pediatrician's office and ended up bringing Leah to a hospital with a pediatric emergency room.

Leah was such a good girl. No tears were shed at all! I held her in my lap while they took X-rays of her foot, and while they opened up the wound and probed around with a sharp metal object, and she didn't even flinch! She was just busy looking at a book and didn't seem to mind at all. I was so proud of her.

Turns out they couldn't find anything with the X-rays, and while probing the area, couldn't find any glass or puss or anything. But she'll be on antibiotics for a week and it should be fine. So it was unfortunate that it had to happen in the first place, but luckily, it all worked out and there was no drama.

1 comment:

  1. I love keeping up with Leah! She's adorable, charming and bright and I can't help but smile and laugh as I read your blog. I'm sure you will have a fun and memorable Christmas! Thanks for sharing her with all of us. Merry Christmas! Jan

    ReplyDelete