In three short weeks, we'll say goodbye to all things familiar and board a plane to Shanghai, which will be our new home for the next three years. Until that time, there's still so much to arrange, but hopefully, with good planning (and very little sleep), we'll get it all done. The movers are coming this week, so we'll be very busy organizing and separating which stuff is going by sea, by air, in our luggage, with us on the plane, and which stuff we'll leave behind.
All of Leahs' toys will disappear and she'll have nothing to play with for another two weeks, except for a few things we'll bring with us on the plane to keep her busy during a 20-hour travel day. We have a feeling she won't let her play kitchen go without a fight. We feel really bad that she might not see it for another 2-3 months. It'll be a crazy week, especially since nothing is easy when you have an active toddler around.
So for now, here's my latest installment of what Leah's been up to lately. She's actually been doing many of these things even before I even went to Shanghai, but I haven't had much time to blog since then.
Jumping - Her jumping is getting better and better. She jumps all the time, and even did a double jump once. Oh, and when she's mad and trying to get her point across, she will not only stomp her feet, but she'll jump, too!
Singing and dancing - Leah loves music. She sings all the time now. She sings along with music in the car, and to herself whenever she feels like it. She loves to sing and dance together. And we have even seen her playing her xylophone like a piano while singing along.
Here are a few clips of her singing today.
Pretending to sleep - Something she likes to do is crawl into bed and lay on a pillow and pull the covers up and go "shhh" and close her eyes. She even does the motion for turning out the lights. If only it were that easy getting her to sleep!
Pretending to read - She runs her finger along the words in a book and pretends she's reading. Or she pretends to spell words. For instance, when I wear my Gap sweatshirt, she points to each letter and sounds like she's trying to spell the word Gap.
Oh no! - Her favorite expression nowadays is "Oh no!" and this has pretty much replaced "Uh oh". She's always exclaiming "Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!" every time she sees something is wrong. If she sees something has spilled, or the notices something in a book or on Tv, etc., she shouts this. One funny example, I had a zit on my nose for about three days, and she noticed it right away. Every day, she would come right up to me and point at it and go "Oh no!" with great concern.
Hug your ba-ba's - Whenever we say this to Leah while she's eating in her highchair, she goes crazy and thinks it's just hilarious. She grabs her sippy cups and hugs them really tight and laughs so hard!
Laugh and smile - She knows the meaning of these words now. When I say "laugh", she'll giggle. And when I say "smile" she'll do a big cheesy grin.
Cheese! - She has her own camera (an old one that no longer works right), but she loves to turn it on and take pictures. Usually she has it pointing toward her face, which is cute. The last few days, I've noticed her saying "cheese" when she's trying to take a picture. And also when I'm taking a picture of her.
All done! - She says this in a sing-song way with the arm motions, the way we learned it in Kindermusik, whenever she's done eating or taking a bath or at the end of a book.
There you are! - She says this all the time whenever one of us reappears or when she sees something she's looking for, and it really does mean "there you are/there it is". Her version sounds like "day yee ah".
I'm fine - I've been teaching Leah how to answer when I ask "How are you?". So now, when I ask, she says all by herself "I'm fine". She usually tries it about 10 times in a row, and sometimes it's very clear!
Phone calls - Her phone calls are getting better and better. We get such a kick out of watching her on the phone. Stay tuned for some good videos of her making calls.
Here she is a few weeks ago in the car right after she woke up from a nap. This went on for about 10 minutes straight and I took a bunch of videos, but here is just one.
Her step stool - Leah has discovered how handy a step stool can be. She carries it around with her all over the house to get a better view of things on the countertops and over the safety gates. So now, we have to be even more careful about what is on the counters because she's grabbing everything she can off of them. Note to self: hide the step stool.
She also loves trying on her santa hat.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment