A week from today, I'll be back in Shanghai on a mission to find our home for the next three years, while John stays home with Leah and plays Mr. Mom. Hopefully, he'll remember how to change diapers since he hasn't had any practice since November, when we did our first role swap.
We have pretty much decided on getting an apartment instead of a house, and there is one compound we both saw that we think might work for us. It seemed to be very family-friendly and had a very active and busy outdoor playground, with a pre-school on-site. Plus, there was lots of open space to roam.
In addition to househunting, I'm going to take a closer look at what's available there in terms of English language books, clothes, toys, groceries, toiletries, etc., so we can decide what we need to bring and what we can leave behind.
I'm not really looking forward to the long travel days and the jet lag, but I have a feeling I'll become a pro at it after three years of going back and forth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment