Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ducky tubs are for babies

Tonight during her bath, Leah decided it was time to retire the ducky tub once and for all. For the past few weeks, even though she still has plenty of room in it, she has been sitting on the edge of it during bath time, or trying to squeeze out of it and sit behind it.



But I could tell tonight was going to be the night. This time, she was quite determined to climb around the duck's head to get to the rest of her bath toys and so in mid-bath, I decided to dump out the water and fill up the regular tub and just let her loose in there. I have an cushioned anti-slip mat I bought just for the occasion. She's been in the bathtub before without the ducky tub but, of course she always decides to sit right underneath the faucet and it's hard to keep her from hitting her head on it. The ducky tub was nice because it kept her away from that and kept her safe in case she slipped.

Anyway, she was so excited to have the whole tub to herself finally. She was dancing around and stomping her feet in the water and was happy to have access to all her toys at once. So tomorrow, I need to go out and get a faucet protector and some better non-slip decals since she is quite adventurous in the tub and would rather stand than sit. And wouldn't you know, she's already trying to climb out of the tub by herself, too.

1 comment: