Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First visitor

Our very first visitor, my sister Holly, came to visit this week for 3 days and we had a great time. Leah was a little shy and wary at first, but that only lasted about 10 minutes and then she approached Holly and let her hold her. Leah was soon being her funny, entertaining self, especially now that she had a captive audience.

She danced to her favorite music, showed off her impressive walking skills, made her silly face where she squeezes her eyes shut and purses her lips, and tried to steal Holly's camera whenever she was holding it. I think Holly now knows what I mean about how hard it is to get good pictures of Leah since she is always on the move.

As a mother of four-plus, and a grandmother of three, Holly's been there and done that. So she helped me brainstorm about some of our sleeping and eating issues, and I learned a much more efficient technique of changing a poopy diaper (which I immediately put to good use).

It was also really awesome not to have to worry about cooking and cleaning up the kitchen for a few days, since Holly really helped out with that. She cooked us a really nice steak dinner the first night and we had takeout the rest of the time.

I think the timing of this visit was just right. Leah has just started feeling much more secure and less anxious the past few weeks, and so we think our self-imposed isolation policy, although it's been really hard on us, has been a really good idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment