What a week! I think I've probably aged 10 years over the last 4 days. I'm spent. Even Leah is starting to look pooped out. I feel like I've been through Jin-Ri boot camp the last few days. This was my first week taking care of Leah by myself, which has been extra challenging since she is still very insecure and clingy right now, for obvious reasons. John's business trip ended up keeping him out of town for three days instead of two. The tough part was that Leah would not let me out of her sight for a single second, and sometimes I couldn't even turn my back on her, let alone walk to another room. I barely managed to sneak away for a second to use the restroom every so often, and when she would catch me, she would scream her head off. After carrying her around constantly, barely having any time to eat, getting almost no sleep, and chasing after her all day non-stop, I've managed to lose about 5 lbs already and build some pretty strong biceps, which is not a bad side-effect of all this work. I'd say this one of the best exercise and diet programs I've been on.
The good thing is that Leah and I have had lots of time to bond, and she is actually starting to prefer me over John, which is a huge accomplishment, and a big relief for John. She didn't fret over his absence or try to search for him the way she has before, but was very happy to see him again when he came back Thursday night.
Let the record show that yesterday around 1:20 in the afternoon, Leah took 3 stable steps by herself! She walked from the ottoman to the couch. John saw it, and I was in the kitchen so I missed it. We're waiting for a repeat performance and have our video camera at the ready. She hardly ever sits down, cruises along the furniture and practices walking all day long. She really has an urge to walk, so we think it will happen very soon. Having short little legs and a low center of gravity obviously helps!
I'll add pictures later...
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment