Thursday, February 26, 2009

Breaking News! Travel Call!

Well, I just received a call from our adoption agency. It was one of those "I've got good news and I've got bad news" types of calls. The good news is that Leah Jin-Ri is now cleared to leave Korea! The bad news is that the Ohio Interstate Compact (ICPC) hasn't been approved yet, and word is that Ohio is really slow in processing these. This is some sort of agreement that has to be made between Oregon's ICPC and our state's ICPC, which would allow Jin-Ri to live in Ohio until her finalization. The reason for this is that it takes at least 6 months of post-placement supervision for adoptions from Korea to be finalized, and until then, Holt Oregon is officially her guardian. So, I've been instructed to contact some lady at the Ohio ICPC office to try to push this through. Worse case scenario is that we have to get a Congressperson involved. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment