Made some more progress this afternoon. After hearing that the ICPC office will start reviewing our case, our social worker called to tell me that they had indeed contacted her requesting supporting documentation from our homestudy. She was on her way out, so she will work on getting that together first thing on Monday and will Fed-Ex it to ICPC, so they should have it on Tuesday. In addition, I've gone back and forth over e-mail with the ICPC director, who said that they will also be needing supporting documentation from the Korean side. So to facilitate things, I gave her all the contact info for Holt and also contacted Holt myself to give them the heads-up that someone will be contacting them soon about this. The lady I spoke to at Holt said they have everything there on file and she will notify the person who deals with all the ICPC requests to expect a call and to get things ready to fax over. So it looks like we're in good shape for now.
What I really don't understand is why this has all been left for the last minute. We'd certainly like to find out why our ICPC application was filed so late by our agency. Our updated homestudy and everything for ICPC had been sent over from our social worker to Holt about a month ago, but apparently the ICPC application wasn't even filed until Feb. 19th and didn't show up at ICPC in Ohio until Feb. 25th. I think we still need to get some answers on that. But hopefully, this hassle will be resolved soon enough so we can leave on the 11th as planned.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment