Friday, February 6, 2009

One step closer!

Our foster family wrote us today to tell us that Jin-Ri is going in for her Visa interview/physical on Monday the 9th. They said they'd keep us informed about the status on their end. How cool is it to know the behind-the-scenes processing? We're so happy to hear that things are moving along smoothly on the Korean side of things. We just hope that on our end, our I-600 application goes through without a hitch. As of tomorrow, it will have been a month since we mailed that into USCIS, and since we've already had our I-600A pre-approved, we're hoping it won't be much longer before we hear something.


We can tell how sad the foster family is getting at the thought of letting Jin-Ri go. We're sad for them and for Jin-Ri, because we know how happy she is with them. I just don't know how I'm going to bear taking her out of their arms. It will be the best and the worst day all rolled up into one. But we're so lucky that Jin-Ri has such wonderful foster parents who love her so much, and we're really looking forward to meeting them and thanking them in person for doing this.


On a lighter note, they went out to a restaurant last weekend and sent these cute pictures of her buckled up in a carseat.


No comments:

Post a Comment