Thursday, June 11, 2009

Leah has been kicking a ball lately. About a month ago, John started teaching Leah how to kick a ball. We have this stuffed soccer ball we play with. Here's a video from last month, you can see how much she's grown in just one month.



Nowadays, he plays a funny game where he holds her while he kicks the ball using the playpen as a goal (so far, he hasn't knocked anything over). When he scores, he yells "Goal!" and runs her over to the playpen and suspends her over the ball so she can grab it herself. She loves it.

In fact, the other day, she was even trying to climb INTO the playpen to get the ball. Look what she's standing on.




She's been kicking the ball around a little bit already, but now she's much better at it. Today I saw her follow the ball around the room and deliberately kick it three times in a row by herself. She's been playing with the ball a lot these days and the other day after gym class, it was her favorite thing and she was playing in the mirror with it endlessly. I took a bunch of videos because she was being so silly. I'll upload a few when I get a chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment