Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another fun weekend

We've had such nice weather here lately (until now), so last weekend, we took Leah out for a stroll in one of Cleveland's woodsy metroparks. She seemed to really enjoy it. This time, she was really fascinated at the ground underneath and was peering over the edge of the stroller and holding her hand out.




Afterwards we took her to PF Changs for dinner. She always does really well in restaurants, but since I'm a notoriously slow eater, I have found that I do have to try to eat a little faster than I'm used to. Since John is usually done with his entire meal by the time the server comes back to check on us the first time, and Leah eventually gets a little fussy while waiting for me to finish, I usually end up taking half my meal to-go.

Lately, we've had to struggle getting her into her car seat. She's suddenly discovered there's more to the car than what she's been seeing, and while we're trying to buckle her in, she twists around and stands up in the car seat to look over into the front seat. It takes both of us to coerce her back into the seat and strap her in while she throws a big fit as if we're torturing her. But by the time we start driving, she is back to babbling and giggling and playing with her toys.

On Sunday, we took Leah to the Cleveland Children's Museum at University Circle. It's a cute hands-on museum, and they have a little room just for babies and toddlers to explore in. She had a great time, especially looking out at me from the upstairs mini barn house.





We took her to the other areas of the museum, too, but found that the other older kids were very wild and rambunctious and we had to be careful that they didn't knock Leah down while they were running around. I'm sure we'll come back to this museum many times. Oh, and needless to say, we ended up at the Korean restaurant for dinner again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment