Friday, June 12, 2009

It was only a matter of time...





Yes, that's right. At only 11 months old, Leah starting getting up on the couch by herself today. That's the bad thing about having low furniture. She was so proud of herself and was running and walking all over the couch...something I'm going to have to curtail very early on.




She did it twice in a row, but on the third try she was too tired and was screaming mad that she couldn't do it. I took a few videos of it and they're pretty funny. You can see how much determination she has.



She's been hiking her leg up on everything lately, trying to get a toe-hold. She's been trying to defeat our fortress around the fireplace, and just this week she was able to climb up onto another ottoman in the bedroom...plus we've already had to remove a few more end tables because she was trying to climb them.

She loves being up on the couch. When I carry her around on my back, I usually unload her from my baby carrier onto the couch. And she just loves sitting there for a while, chewing on the straps and enjoying the view. She gets mad if I take her off the couch or pull the baby carrier out from under her before she's ready. I've been showing her how to get down by going backwards, but for now of course, I have to sit there with her and spot her.






So just as I was finally able to start leaving the room to do other things, now I'm back to having to watch her every second of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment