



This past week, I started letting Leah walk around by herself upstairs and she was so excited. Usually we'd just walk around upstairs carrying her since we didn't have a gate at the top of the stairs and because we were still too nervous to let her walk around on the slippery bathroom floors. But now that she is walking so well, I let her go for it.
Until I find a better solution, I adjusted one of our pressure-mounted safety gates to fit at the top of the stairs. It's a very secure fit, but it's also very inconvenient to set up and take down each time. I've tried a few different gates, but the problem is that the wall and the banister at the top of the stairs are not quite aligned so it's hard to find a gate that can be mounted properly.
Anyway, Leah was running up and down the hallway and was just so thrilled with the new experience. She'd hide around the corner at the end of the hall, and when I'd call out, "Where's Leah? I wonder where she is?", she'd pop out, giggling and belly-laughing while running towards me. She did this over and over again and had so much fun.


Our house has been a disaster zone since we brought Leah home (ok, also before that), so I am so happy we finally found some good cleaning ladies to help out. I usually put Leah in the walker when we're in the bathroom, especially since I didn't want her down on the dirty floors, but also because she was too unstable. But with freshly scrubbed floors, I let her walk around on her own for the first time this week. She first squatted down to inspect the floors and then carefully started walking around and exploring. Before long, she was screaming and shouting endlessly, enjoying the echo of her voice and the different feel of the floors.
And here's a short sampling of her dancing in the bathroom, it almost looks like she's tap-dancing.





No comments:
Post a Comment