I took Leah for her first class at the Little Gym today and she had a lot of fun. There were about 12-15 other parents and their kids in the class. She's in the "Birds" class, where the age range is 10-19 months, so some of the activities were a little too advanced for her so far, but that's ok, she'll catch up soon enough. At the beginning, she was a little clingy and didn't want me to put her down, but by the end of the class, she was wandering around by herself, socializing with the other kids and parents, playing on the gym equipment, dancing, and smiling at me from across the room. I met another mom with a cute 15-month old girl who is interested in getting together for play dates, so I think this will be a great way to meet other stay-at-home-moms and for Leah to socialize with other kids her age. I'm also looking into finding music and dancing classes for babies and toddlers which I'm sure she'll enjoy!
She got her feet and hands stamped after class.
I enjoy your blog sooo much! It makes me smile, and laugh and sigh.....ahhhhh.... Leah is amazing! Thanks for taking the time to keep us in the loop.
ReplyDeletehey mel, congrats on the gym class. when c and t were little, i took them to "kids rock" which i think you can find in other areas as well...
ReplyDelete