She's also been running and jumping, or at least trying to jump. She stands there and tries to bounce, but doesn't know how to actually jump yet. Lately, she's been practicing walking around with her arms pressed against her sides, which is really funny to watch. But most of the time, she stumbles around with her arms outstretched, doing the drunken-sailor walk.
Normally, Leah is barefoot when we're at home, but she has a few pair of shoes that I put on her when we go out. Half the time, she pulls them off in the car and we don't bother keeping them on when we're out and about because they fall off or something. But over the weekend, I put on her little soft-soled shoes in the house to see if she could actually walk in them, and they stayed on her feet and didn't seem to bother her. She was zooming all over the place, looking so cute. Now that she's walking so well, we'll have to start adding shoes to her wardrobe.
Over the weekend, we went to the Korean restaurant with Leah for the 4th time (I told you we're addicted), and she did great as usual. I had Bibimbap and John had Kalbi this time.
We also ended up at the library in the children's section to play with the toys and board books there,

and on Sunday we went to eat at a pancake restaurant. She is always really well-behaved when we go out in public. She's so curious and just loves watching everyone.

Oh, I wanted to add that I officially experienced my very first diaper-blowout this weekend. Now I truly know where the term "holy crap" comes from. Just as I was admiring what a cute outfit she had on, I realized she was stinky and it was time to change her diaper. When I went to start getting her changed, I felt something on the back of her pants and realized she had poop all over the place...up her back, on her shirt, pants, elbows....then she proceeded to place her foot in the dirty diaper as I was moving it out of the way. It was not a pretty sight. I did a quick cleanup downstairs as best as I could, and then carried her butt-naked upstairs to the bathtub for an emergency bath! I sure hope these incidents are few and far between!
Today was our 3rd post-placement visit with our social worker. Nothing much to report. Leah showed off her walking skills and was especially engaging and interactive this time with our social worker.
Tomorrow will be two months since we brought Leah home. I can't believe how well she's adjusting and bonding to us. Our lives have done a total 180, but we can't imagine life without her.


Congratulations with your first diaper blowout! You are officially a member of the blow out club! I sure don't miss that part of parenting! :-)
ReplyDelete